Senior Oracle Database Administrator, Perm, Richardson TX
Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by ETC
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Works independently under general direction of ETC Sr. Technology Manager or DBA Team Lead; expected to work as part of a team on a daily basis; possesses the ability to build consensus among team members; is highly organized; is able to communicate regularly on project and task progress; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner; must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer database Servers (eg Oracle), support approved activities, and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Database and application troubleshooting, installation, upgrades, backup/restore, configuration and performance tuning, Scripting, and producing documentation
- Maintain production databases by participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Work closely with Support and Development Teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Partner with development and configuration management teams to implement system changes throughout development life cycle and across client non-production systems.
- Provide development support and applications implementation
- Setting up and maintaining standby and secondary environments for high-availability
The candidate will be responsible for leading and/or assisting in the operation of systems on a program, identification, investigation, and resolution of system performance and application data issues and provide root cause analysis. Candidate will lead and/or assist in overseeing system backups and restore processes to ensure data integrity; Database backup and recovery using RMAN and operating system file backup; Understanding of SAN/NAS systems; Strong problem solving skills; Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ten (10) years demonstrated experience administering Oracle database solutions including, database installation, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting and backups.
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations
- Oracle RDBMS (11g/12c) and WebLogic Application Servers (12.x)
- Demonstrated experience in Oracle upgrades Active Standby
- Experience with Data Migration activities
- Strong skills in Database Replication and Advanced Queuing
- Knowledge of other Oracle advanced features (RMAN, RAC, fail over methodologies)
- Proficient with Oracle Enterprise Monitoring and related monitoring products
- Proven WebLogic administration
- Strong skills in PL/SQL and SQL tuning
- Application deployments in WebLogic Servers
- Extensive experience in PCI Compliance
- Should be able to work independently without any supervision
- Should be able to communicate clearly by both written/verbal with the customer on the assignment
- Must be a team player, organized, with professional attitude
- Any experience in Cloud transformation/administration would be plus
- Dev-ops experience would be a plus