Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by Vitalant
Since 1941, Vitalant (formerly known as Blood Centers of the Pacific) has proudly served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be part of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an impact and are passionate about playing a vital role in our dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at Vitalant.
Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of others is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to act on their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Transfusion Medicine is also a great career for the New Nurse Graduate!
- We are looking for Registered Nurses to join our team located in San Francisco, CA
- Work Schedule: Variable days and hours to include up to three weekends a month.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Associate's degree required.
- CA RN and driver's license required.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$70k - $75k Annual