Junior Engineer / Analyst Consultant
Role Reference: ENG07 (Please note - applications that do not cite the job reference in the subject line may not be viewed)
Practice Area: Energy and Engineering Consulting Role: Full-time
Summary of role: Anthesis is global sustainability consultancy offering services to clients in many different business sectors. The energy and engineering consulting team within Anthesis supports the rest of the business and their clients with engineering knowledge and consultancy, and in designing and seeing through the delivery of services projects.
After a very successful start to the year, we have major project work developing carbon and energy reduction programmes for a wide range of clients including large international businesses up to design and implementation of: -
- PV systems in the UK and overseas,
- Energy Centre and heat network strategy, design and implementation consultancy across the UK, including wider electrical and heating infrastructure and integrating CHP and heat pump systems into them.
- Lighting - LED lighting for a large LA building and a multi-site LED roll-out project for a retailer
- Heating - focusing on renewable heat for both commercial and local authority clients.
This role supports the work of the Engineering and Energy Consulting team in energy demand and infrastructure analysis, low carbon energy and renewable energy modelling, hydraulic design and techno-economic modelling. In terms of career progression, it could lead into an engineering design role or an energy consulting role dependant on the candidate.
Working to agreed time targets use software tools provided under the supervision of a Senior engineer/consultant, supporting the team by:-
- Producing energy models in EnergyPro production software
- Producing techno-economic models to support business cases.
- Carrying out hydraulic design using systems such as SystemGuru and Netsim
- Undertaking building services engineering design work (e.g. Autocad).
- Undertaking energy consultancy work (ESOS, HNMBR etc.)
- Working with equipment manufacturers to understand technical specifications and costs
- Energy data analytics
- Contacting external organisations including our clients and their own sub-contractors via telephone and emails to request further missing data.
- Provide progress reports to Project Manager and Senior Management Team
Note: The points above are not exhaustive and are just an indication of the sort of tasks required.
- Managing relationships within Anthesis team to ensure agreed tasks are completed to scope and in a timely way.
- Manage client and contractor relationships during project delivery.
- Ensuring that projects are completed to agreed targets to maintain profitability and informing the project manager of any issues in a timely way.
- Base understanding of engineering concepts to at least degree level
- IT literate (Word, Excel and other). Experience of Excel data manipulation;
- Team working;
- Work scheduling and multi-tasking;
- Good communication skills outbound on telephone and email;
- Numeracy skills and reporting;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Personal drive for results;
- Personal time management.
Qualifications/education level required:
- Requires an engineering or science degree background with a strong background in numeracy
Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Experience either through employment or internship of working in a role carrying out analytical tasks using computer software. AutoCAD and modelling software such as EnergyPro, IES, TAS, Hevacomp, Netsim, and Revit.
- As the role includes travel, visiting UK clients and on occasion overseas, and keeping in touch with internationally based clients there is a requirement for flexibility around working hours
- Full UK driving licence
Anthesis is an equal opportunity employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter as attachments by email, citing ENG07 in the subject of the email, to .
Applications that do not cite the job reference in the subject line may not be viewed.
Applications must address the above listed skills and experience requirement