Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by McCabe & Barton
The position is for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer within the Investment Systems Development team. Investment Systems is a team who are responsible for technology utilised by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations.
we are looking for Cloud Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognise that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
This is a Greenfield project, you will be designing, creating and implementing cloud with the organisation.
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing complex enterprise software systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development life cycle best practices including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- Experience building cloud-native applications on one of the leading cloud vendors
- Strong OO skills and design patterns knowledge and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages (eg Java, C/C++, Python)
- Experience building UI components using latest in web technologies (eg React, Angular) and languages (eg TypeScript)
- Experienced in mature API development and consumption practices and appreciate the importance of adhering to well defined interfaces governed by standards such as Open API/Swagger or RAML
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to Java Performance Testing, Monitoring using tools such as JMeter
- Experience with security standards such as SAML, Oauth 2 and Open ID connect to implement federated single sign on solutions.
- Exposure to the investment management domain
- Ability to lead and manage small teams