Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 60
Primary Location: WA > TACOMA > ST JOSEPH MEDICAL CENTER
As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St. Joseph Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the use of advanced medical technologies and therapies.
The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center with Level III Neonatal Intensive Care support, in partnership with Seattle Children's Hospital. We offer 24/7 Neonatal Nurse Practitioner coverage for high risk deliveries, and 24/7 in-department OB Hospitalist coverage.
Our Family Birth Center has 12 Labor and Delivery beds and 23 Post-Partum beds. We performed 4050 deliveries at SJMC last year and we are very proud to be the busiest birth center in the South Sound.
Our Family Birth Center Leadership Team is comprised of a Director, three RN Clinical Managers and an RN Educator. Combined, these leaders have over 95 years of nursing and leadership experience and they truly enjoy mentoring and developing staff members.
What We Have To Offer To You:
• Our nurses enjoy being able to provide a wide variety of birthing options to their patients, based on patient choice and the latest research-based information.
• Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
• 12-hour shifts to support work/life balance
• Financial support for specialty certifications
• Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
• Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
Our Family Birth Center RNs work in many different roles while providing care to new families. We have mother/baby RNs, who care for post-partum mothers and newborn infants. We also have labor and delivery RNs, providing care to women who are pregnant and delivering their infants. As a tertiary care center, our nurses provide both high-risk and low-risk care to our patients. This work includes developing, implementing and assessing the patient plan of care in collaboration with physicians, certified nurse-midwives, the patient and their family.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
• One year of related work experience is preferred
• Current state licensure as a registered nurse is required
• Basic Life Support
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification or completion within 6 months of date of hire is required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification for L&D RNs
• National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Nurses Credentialing Center certification preferred
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.