Operational Risk Analyst
Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by Pontoon
For more than 200 years, our global Financial Services Client has been helping people around the world connect with what matters most to them. The company is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
The Network Management function resides within the Global Technology & Operations area and acts as representatives for all the business units clearing, custody, settlement and payments needs therein.
The Control function within the Network Management team is responsible for correct cost management through robust allocation and reporting, MIS, and due diligence co-ordination alongside the production of governance reports, robust QA (quality assurance) processes. Working alongside the current Network Managers and team, they co-ordinate and report to senior leaders around our the third parties employed to provide services are "fit for purpose" and are continually monitored through various department risk assessments, surveys, adherence to service levels and through day to day interaction.
Additionally, Network Management has responsibility for managing the Bank's expenditure with third party banks and providers to ensure effective cost management on an ongoing basis. Regular cost analysis and fee reviews form an integral part of the role.
With the high number of key stakeholders internally, the role is required to ensure ongoing support and maintain consistent levels of delivery for all processes to all stakeholders expectations within the new structure in a consistent manner globally.
As a risk analyst within Network Management your main responsibilities will involve:
- Cost Management through allocation and reporting to ensure consistent approach globally
- Co-ordination of due diligence mechanisms across Cash/Security/FMU relationships
- Production of Governance materials
- Quality Assurance and control over Network Management key control processes
As a risk analyst within Network Management your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong data analytical skills, strong Excel and Power-point knowledge is required
- Experience working on & co-ordination of project work would be a benefit
- History within securities operations or market infrastructure to demonstrate product & market knowledge.
- Ability to work within a Matrix organisation
- Self-motivation is essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to manage external and internal senior relationships effectively.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.