Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by CV-Library
Must have experience of CNC Turning/ Setting / Operating / Programming.
Working on Fanuc and Siemens, Protrack controlled machines.
* Experience in the use and operation of CNC turning / milling machines, dual running as required
* Ability to programme, set and run one offs/small batches and prototype components.
* Prioritise machines to achieve scheduled due date
* Ability to self-inspect and take overall responsibility for output quality and standards.
* Be able to specify and select correct tooling for the job.
* Job costings and support discussions with customers as required.
* Have experience of material selection and cutting speeds / feeds.
* Overall attention to detail and running of the shop including machine upkeep / service schedules.
* Jig / fixture manufacture as required.
* Experience on EDM wire machine an advantage
* Input into sub-contract operations (e.g. plating, gear cutting, grinding) as required.
* Be a fully skilled time-served engineer with experience in areas like plating allowances etc..
You will also have a flexible, friendly and positive approach and the ability to work on your own initiative. Driven and methodical, you must also have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Be available for additional hours / overtime as loadings demand.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14.00 to £15.00 /hour
* CNC Operator: 2 years (Required)