Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Wiyot Tribe
Operations Manager Full Time, Human Resources, Risk Management B.A. in business or related field or 4 or more years of experience required.
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to tribal personnel
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Implementing and revising a company's compensation program which includes conducting an annual salary surveys, and
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company's salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company's evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Directly supervises the positions of enrollment clerk, receptionist, and office manager.
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the Tribal Council about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company at weekly staff meetings
B.A. in business or related field or 4 or more years of experience required. Possess a valid California Driver's License, and automobile insurance. Must work well with other staff, and be courteous to Tribal members and visitors. Required to complete additional training after hire. Must be able to complete a background check, DOJ fingerprinting before beginning work. Pre-employment drug testing required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$110k - $130k Annual