Lead Designer in Advanced Analytics
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Orcan Intelligence
Hadoop (Cloudera)/Mainframe/Data Models/Agile
For one of our prestigious clients we are currently looking for a Lead Designer in Advanced Analytics.
Their technical teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both their internal and external clients. They deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and they ensure applicative production support.
As Lead Designer/Developer, you will:
- Lead, draft and document design of the reports demands on the Hadoop (Cloudera) platform
- Need to be able to think in patterns to build reports trading off between short term delivery goals and long term maintainability
- Design data models to meet the business reporting needs
- Design the technical data ingestions, cleansing and preparation phases
- Define the scheduling requirements for the different data processes
- Provide documentation and support to other team members in the agile team
- Create, document and maintain best practice/guidelines
- Find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority
- Have a true agile, mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core competencies to help the team
- Undertakes functional and technical application designs in the context of projects and/or system maintenance activities.
- We are looking for a senior profile with technical skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience in: - Designing Data Models in a reporting context on Hadoop and application support/development in an agile delivery mode
- Basic knowledge in Mainframe development technologies
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proven experience with delivering major projects and managing their design complexity and the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
- Spoken and written English is a must
- Ability to review and challenge senior colleagues on their deliverables
- Willingness to go out the core competence (eg perform testing of queries, reporting, etc.)
If you have the required skill set and are interested in applying, please send over your up to date CV for immediate consideration.