Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Hiscox
Business Analyst - Hiscox
You are already a professional Business Analyst and are seeking the next step in your career
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to work in the PITstop team, our agile change capability setup to deliver rapid system enhancements to better meet business need. More specifically this entails the delivery of small incremental improvements as well as strategic initiatives across our new underwriting, claims & accounting application and the transactional websites that interface with it.
Working with representatives from around the UK business you will understand their change needs, articulate these as business & functional requirements and collaborate with development and test teams in order to deliver solutions that meet the business need.
To be successful you will be required to develop strong system & product knowledge to compliment your analysis skills. You will need to understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation. You will work on a variety of concurrent changes so there is a strong emphasis on managing your work-load and time effectively, whilst being responsive to changes in business priority.
This is an opportunity to shape the how the BA function operates.
You will be able to:
- Build strong productive relationships with the business to create functional requirements that are based on true business need.
- Produce high quality business analyst deliverables such as user stories, acceptance criteria & accurate revisions to existing functional specifications.
- Producing these high quality outputs while working at pace to facilitate a rapid turnaround of value added incremental change.
- Work closely with the development, test teams to ensure requirements are well understood and issues are identified & managed effectively.
- Identify dependencies between concurrent changes and mitigate the knock on effect of these dependencies to minimise unintended issues.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to identify the root cause of issues and the most appropriate solution to meet the business need.
- Become a trusted expert on system design, processes and behaviour.
- Identify & implement continual improvements within your sphere of influence to ensure that we are constantly delivering efficient and effective change.
- Support the on-going development of the Business Analyst Practice at Hiscox, developing standards, procedures, and knowledge transfer.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the wider BA industry to ensure that skills, tools and techniques are current and fit for purpose.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
Apply now for further information
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Life at Hiscox is exceptional. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £55k Annual
£62 - £63 Hourly
£300 - £400 Daily
£30k - £50k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual