IT Project Manager
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by CPL Solutions
This role will require up to 30% travel within Europe
Purpose of this role
- The Project Manager will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of projects across Europe.
- Projects are typically medium-large/complex cross functional projects, involving several different organizations and stakeholders.
- A proven track record of Senior Business stakeholder management and successful delivery of large-scale projects in an International multi-site organisation is essential for this role.
Key Contribution Areas
- Working with Business partners, defines the scope of the projects/programme
- Works with autonomy to build the project/programme team
- Defines project scope, deliverables, schedules, budgets and approach with Project sponsors and Business partners
- Manages project delivery scope, budget and timeline
- Builds, leads and motivates multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the core project business objectives Effective management of, and communication to, the project stakeholders, often at Senior Executive level
- Ensures project life cycle, execution and reporting is in compliance with PMO standards
- Ensures an appropriate quality plan is in place for project delivery and all stakeholders and delivery partners understand their part in project execution
- Manages programme and project resourcing
- Puts project communication structure in place to facilitate communication between delivery teams and stakeholders, and ensures that problems are identified and raised to the appropriate levels for resolution.
Personal Capabilities Required
- Capable of building strong, meaningful relationships with internal and external parties alike, with demonstrable influencing skills at middle to senior levels
- People-oriented - people management skills and experience of direction setting and ability to work across organisational boundaries
- Stakeholder-oriented - Managing and satisfying multiple stakeholders in a fluid environment, translating their needs to realistic goals
- Excellent communication and listening skills with people at all levels of the organisation Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and organization skills.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High levels of enthusiasm, commitment, and energy required.
- Results-oriented with a can-do attitude -adaptable, flexible and resourceful to work through short and long-term issues/
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skill Required
- Proven track record in delivering large IT projects within Insurance industry
- 5+ years project/programme management experience delivering large complex cross-functional programmes (budgets in excess of €1M)
- Experience leading and delivering projects working at Senior Executive level in an International environment essential
- Accreditation in a recognized Project Management methodology (Prince2/PMP)
- Primary or Secondary degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering preferable
- Fluent English is a requirement for this role
This is a permanent full time role, they are offering a competitive salary and good career progression.
If you would like to discuss in more detail please call me or send your CV to (see below)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€500 - €500 Daily
€550 - €650 Daily
€32k - €75k Annual