Senior Security Engineer - Endpoint Protection
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: Cary NC
Role Value Proposition:
As part of the Global Technology and Operations organization the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for executing the enterprise wide strategy to identify, develop, and implement technical security solutions to enhance MetLife's control environment with a focus on Endpoint Protection. This hands-on position also requires strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams to ensure the design of technology solutions comply with MetLife's information risk and security policies, and regulatory obligations.
- The Senior Security Engineer must have the ability to identify, document, and recommend security safeguards and configurations in a highly complex environment with a demonstrated ability to recognize, and appropriately incorporate layered security safeguards within the network, application, and data layers from a defender's perspective.
- The Senior Security Engineer must be an adaptable, pragmatic, and positive professional, who is comfortable in delivering clear and concise information at both a technical and managerial level.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement technical security solutions to enhance MetLife's control environment.
- Manage security product life cycle from vendor management roadmap and QBR, change management, documentation, user training, milestone planning, and deployment coordination.
- Work effectively with other Information Security teams and outsourcing providers to ensure technology security solutions are in alignment with organizational strategic goals.
- Ability to work with teams around the globe.
- Document and transition operational responsibilities to the Security Operations team.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following information security domains: Loss Prevention (DLP), Endpoint Security and Encryption, Cloud, Malware Analysis and Protection, Network and Perimeter Security, Web/Mobile Application Security, Incident Response, and Emerging Technologies (ie, mobile, cloud, etc.).
- 3+ years of IT Security Engineering experience working in an enterprise infrastructure or security architecture environment.
- 3+ years of experience architecting and deploying Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) security solutions.
- Working knowledge of various industry security standards and frameworks including: ISO 27001, ISF Standard of Good Practice (SoGP), NIST, etc.
- Teamwork, collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with regulations and policies such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 5+ years of related equivalent work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Working knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures, their challenges, common approaches to overcome their challenges, and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses.
- Desire to seek professional certifications such as: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, CGEIT, CRISC, CEH, or other relevant industry certification.
- Skills with Python Scripting integration and automation.
Global Technology & Operations - System Engineering
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110603