Heavy Duty Diesel Service Technician
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Coast Counties Peterbilt San Jose
Coast Counties Truck & Equipment is the oldest active Peterbilt dealer in the world. We are family owned & operated since 1949 with 6 locations serving Northern & Central America. Voted the 2018 Technology Dealer of the Year, we are in continuous growth mode seeking enthusiastic individuals looking for employment opportunities in sales, parts, service, leasing, finance & management.
Job Summary The Service Technician diagnoses and completes repairs on customer vehicles in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer. Benefits* Paid time off programs, including vacation (paid) & holiday (paid)
* Union Medical Benefits program
* 401(K) offered through the Union
* Participation in our technician bonus program
* Daily planning with the rest of the service team to establish strategies based on job priorities.
* Determine work required from the repair order.
* Diagnose vehicle in operation to determine issue, to verify customer's complain, and to plan repair strategy.
* Complete repairs efficiently within the time allowed.
* Perform QUALITY repairs minimizing shop comebacks and unnecessary shop expense.
* Submit a complete and accurate write-up for each repair performed.
* Road test vehicles to verify satisfactory repair (if you possess a CDL)
* Manual and computerized time posting on an ongoing basis.
* Confirm that all cores are returned to parts and that warranty parts are properly tagged and stored.
* Coordinate with the rear parts counter, as needed on parts.
* Maintain a clean shop environment.
* Maintain the readiness and proper working condition of the shop tools.
* Assist the Service Team with preparing accurate repair estimates when required.
* Update Service Manager on current repairs in process on a regular basis.
* Participate in ongoing training in an effort to increase skills.
* Provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and air tools.
* At least 2 years Heavy Duty equipment experience, preferred
* Maintain current certifications.
* Complete all Peterbilt Professional Service modules.
* Punctual and Timely
* Clean DMV
* Teammate with a strong sense of dedication to the customer and service team
* Self-motivated and professional
* Possess own tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.