Senior DevOps Engineer, Aladdin Wealth Tech, Vice President
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by BlackRock
About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | | Blog: | LinkedIn: .
BlackRock's Digital Wealth organization is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. Digital Wealth consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams -- with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. In this role you will partner with other high-caliber software engineers to enhance and maintain existing and next-generation Cloud DevOps tools, frameworks and services.
We are the engineers who create and improve the software development life cycle itself. We are responsible as a team for the AWS infrastructure that the site runs on, the continuous integration and delivery systems, the deployment automation and disaster recovery.
- Architect, develop and improve our AWS-based deployment processes using container technologies such as Docker.
- Liaise with our customers (Engineering teams) and architects to design improvements to our development lifecycle.
- Work with the rest of the DevOps team to improve our overall infrastructure reliability, scalability and monitoring.
- Automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure writing code in multiple Scripting languages such as bash, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- Mentoring junior members of the engineering team on the latest technologies and best practices.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or related experience is ideal.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile SDLC.
- At least 6 years of engineering development experience in two major Scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Go, NodeJS, Groovy).
- At least 3 years of experience creating and maintaining Cloud infrastructure as code using technologies such as Terraform or Cloudformation.
- At least 2 years of experience with Configuration Management eg. Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and maintaining a CI system.
- At least 3 years of experience with containers, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS environment or similar.
- Passion for solving problems and improving the performance of technology to impact the business.
- Care about creating a great product, being responsible for it and collaborating closely with other engineers.
- Bring a collaborative work style that can be effective in an Agile environment.
- Have a strong mission to automate everything, but you know when introducing automation might be a bad idea.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law .
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit | | Blog: | LinkedIn: .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.