Senior Research Programmer Analyst (FT),
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Provides leadership in the management, manipulation and analysis of data required for research activities and coordinates requirements with principal investigators. Utilizes strong analytical, technical and communication skills to understand and identify data/information reporting needs for researchers and research operations. Analyzes large datasets such as health, biosocial, and economic data using a variety of statistical software packages. Serves as a technical resource for the team members.
1.Creates, manages, manipulates and analyzes large health data using SAS or other relevant software to create analytic files by merging multiple large databases, formatting, recoding, and sub-setting data as needed.
2. Develops an analytic plan for specified researchers and clinicians.
3. Directs ongoing validation efforts to ensure data integrity and accuracy for all reporting.
4. Participates and provides analytic data for grant proposals, publications and manuscripts.
5. Responsible for creating complex database reports to support scientific measurement and analysis.
6. Assists in the development, maintenance, and support of the D-H enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts.
7. Troubleshoots, tunes and enhances existing data warehouse applications.
8. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
9. Creates new or enhanced components of the data warehouse.
10. Provides technical support to research tools like i2b2 and REDcap.
11. Participates in the design, development and documentation of the reporting systems.
12. Works independently, applies strong project management skills, initiative and works across all levels of management to carry out departmental and institutional initiatives.
13. Collaborates well and leads within team and user groups structures.
14. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience required.
ü Master's degree in Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
ü Minimum of 3 years of programming, data management, and/or analytics experience.
ü Demonstrated expertise in managing large and complex data sets.
ü Strong knowledge of Clinical data and SQL is required.
ü Direct experience managing and analyzing healthcare data, experience with national health survey data and complex survey design methods strongly desired.
ü Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook etc.) required.
ü Knowledge of RDBMS/SQL relational databases as well as non-relational databases and/or knowledge of other statistical software packages desired.
ü Knowledge of EDW concepts and familiarity with Health Catalyst applications is a plus.
ü Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills required, including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
ü Able to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
ü Able to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
ü Strong understanding of the healthcare data environment, security and clinical and business workflows.