Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Visiting Angels - Wayzata
- Increase a client's quality of life through helping them with tasks to social engagement and stimulating activities.
- Provide independant daily living activies for seniors to help them remain in their own homes. Thse could include: laundry, light housekeeping, cooking, errands.
- Provide personal hygiene assistance for elderly patients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating.
- Help clients take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation - training provided
- Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor s appointments, walks etc.)
- Remind to continue with physical therapy exercises.
- Complete client s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
- Continual oversight of client's well being and communication with office upon changes in condition.
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Offer activities that are essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary.
- Valid driver s license and reliable transportation every single day
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
- Enjoy engaging with people and desire to help them improve their quality of life.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform job-related duties
- Desire to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
- Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends - Minimum of 8 hours per week
- Prior experience with dementia clients or desire to learn.
- Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
- Supportive and compassionate
- High School Diploma
- Experience as a Caregiver, CNA or HHA, or completion of a CNA Program or willingness to be trained
- Take pride in providing high quality care
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.