Lead Software Development Engineer- Mobile Applications
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife we are seeking for highly motivated Lead Software Engineer / Developer to lead the technical delivery of a complex and highly visible Global Sales and Servicing Platform. The ideal candidate will possess prior technical leadership experience in insurance industry, strong mobile app development skills . You will guide team members for time boxed delivery of Sales and servicing platform.
- Provides technical expertise to a project team that's building Mobile Sales and Servicing Platform.
- Perform proof of concepts on newer technologies and provide recommendation for different technologies.
- Collaborates with the product line architect to review solution design and roadmap.
- Take leading role in delivery of Sales and servicing platform in different countries in coloration with product team.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple project assignment with tight deadlines.
- Provides content and review documentation for release or new features
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of software development experience and minimum 4 years of hands on mobile apps development experience
- Must possess strong initiative and a get-it-done attitude.
- Passion for coding, learning and adopting newer technology.
- Master of at least one of the following two mobile development Frameworks: Native Code. Object-C/Swift for iOS and Java for Android;
- Application performance optimization know-how.
- Experience in Azure PaaS with components like AKS, Cosmos, KeyVault, Storage etc.
- Experience developed and published applications for iOS and/or Android.
- History of building high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience creating technical system, design document.
- Knowledge on No-SQL database ( e.g. MongoDB)
- Have Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience in an Agile Environment.
- IBM Mobile First Platform knowledge
- Experience in container and orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm etc.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109181