Senior Software Development Engineer- GSSP Platform
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Role Value Proposition:
At Global Sales & Servicing Platform (GSSP), our mission is to build the next generation digital sales and servicing platform for MetLife, and to help deploy it worldwide. We have developed a world-class, cloud-native, multi-tenant platform to enable digital channels such as online, mobile, call center and other emerging channels such as intelligent assistants. The platform leverages cutting-edge, open source and proprietary technologies to create a highly configurable system that can be adapted to individual market needs quickly, and at a low cost. The platform runs in a fully containerized, elastic cloud environment, and is designed to scale to serve millions of users.
We are looking for a Sr Software Developer with a track record of designing and implementing large and complex technology projects at a global scale. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in hands-on software development and design. To be successful in this role, the candidate would require a balance of product-centric technical expertise and navigating complex deployments with multiple systems and teams. This role requires interaction with IT partners around the world. This role would include engagement with multiple concurrent teams and projects.
- Collaborate with Business and IT partners in the design and implementation of complex distributed applications.
- Contribute in the technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Convert business problems into programming instructions.
- Design and code programs; create test transactions and run tests as necessary.
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Review, analyze, and modifiy programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Provide technical support to project teams throughout project lifecycle around technology platforms, solution design, security, debugging, profiling, performance tuning etc.
- Provide governance over development teams to ensure standards and best practices are being followed.
- Minimum of 5+ years of software design and development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and deploying scalable and performant web and mobile applications at global scale.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design, algorithm design and Data Structures.
- Experience in Solution Design, Data modelling, REST API design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Configuration Management, DevOps automation.
- Experience with Docker (or other container technologies), Azure or AWS cloud, Redis, MongoDB, Netflix OSS, RabbitMQ, Spring Cloud.
- Experience in performance debugging, testing and tuning.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
- Working independently and able to manage large scale projects.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111028