Sr Software Develop Engineer - Quadient Inspire
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we are looking for a candidate to provide leadership in a Dev Ops Methodology environment promoting teamwork and innovation.
The Customer Communication Management (CCM) Team is part of the Core Utilities organization working in the document management space working alongside MetLife's lines of business in providing several services ranging from Form Service Definition and Delivery, Interface Services between Applications, Database/Repository Management and Backend Management. The CCM team is currently modernizing the platform in areas of Proactive Customer Communications, Data Analytics and End User driven solutions. The objective is to fully implement omni-channel communications that will allow our customers the flexibility of preferred channel of communication. The ideal candidate will take part in modernizing the CCM framework.
- Candidates will be involved in end to end lifecycle from technical design, development, implementation, technical reviews, testing and bug fixing of application systems following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Some customer interaction may be required.
- Candidates will participate in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process plus the support model to maximize and share learning.
- The candidate will write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Candidates shall provide technical support to technical vendor resources.
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
Desired Work Experience:
- 4 to 5 years extensive knowledge in the Quadient (GMC) Inspire product suite - Designer, Automation, Scalar and Interactive and experience in all aspects of the software development life-cycle using Quadient Inspire suite.
- Ability to create and design complex forms in Inspire Designer based on the business specifications.
- Ability to deliver end-to-end print applications solutions and the experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
- XML, XSD, XQuery/XPATH
- Websphere Application Server, DB2, SQL Server, Linux Shell script
- 4 years of development experience with any programming language; Java is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience working with applications running on WebSphere Application Server and Linux OS, XML and XSD Schema
- Experience with Advanced Microsoft Word features
- Experience with Use case / Functional Design Review, Technical Design Review, and Test Cases review and familiarity with supporting Performance testing
- Familiarity with XQuery or XPATH; experience with XQuery is a Plus
- Experience in SmartCOMM or any document management platforms is a strong plus.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers. #LI-WRAPJOB
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110337