Director - Software Development Engineering
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Role Value Proposition:
Electronic Death Match (EDM) is an end-to-end process that allows MetLife to properly identify, process, and pay out on death claims for insured customers and/or escheat these funds to the state if a beneficiary is unable to be located. The Director of EDM is responsible for driving a strategic approach and leveraging technology to deliver superior customer service, while addressing certain compliance and regulatory requirements. Utilizing your knowledge of the technology landscape, as the Director of EDM, you will continue to develop/maintain the EDM roadmap that elevates the enterprise capabilities delivering innovative strategies and solutions. You will manage and deliver on a portfolio in the range of $7-$10M, ensuring that both the strategic and BAU programs are executed and implemented on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Lead critical, complex initiates spanning multiple organizations and geographies; coaches and mentors project managers and team members
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, leadership, business and IT team members to support time-sensitive, critical projects
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term strategy with the urgency of immediate demands.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with highly confidential information
- Build consensus, effectively manage conflicts, escalations, adversities, and delays found in a complex and highly competitive environment.
- Leverage extensive technical and/or business knowledge in leading escalated issues to resolution
- Bachelor's Degree required with major in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication and presentation skills; ability to lead and influence others; ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Experience in program governance, organizational change management, transformation, implementation, and execution
- Proven vision, leadership, and strategic thinking skills through each stage of program execution. Ability to lead evolving initiatives from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical thinking and end-to-end problem-solving skills
- Experience working with offshore delivery partners and third-party vendors
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of management, supervisory, or team lead experience
- PMP, PMI-ACP, ASE, CSM or SSM certified
- Strong understanding of the Insurance industry
- Master's degree
Regional Application Development - US
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110056