Open Source Technical Lead
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
Advanced Analytics and Data Science provides customer-centric global technology solutions tailored to meet the needs of businesses across the enterprise, including Property and Casualty, Group, Investments, Global Corporate Security, Global Brand & Marketing, and Legal. Core initiatives deliver Analytics Business Engagement, Advanced Analytics Services, and Data Story Telling/Business Intelligence technologies to MetLife with historical, current and predictive views of business operations. The Open Source Technical Lead is key to driving the future for analytics delivery using cloud, open source technology, and industry standard deployment tools.
- Responsible for the development of production ready scoring code for the batch processing modules and Flask-based REST API modules working along with the Data Science project teams. Ensure the code follows the Analytics guidelines and best practices established.
- Responsiblefor the deployment readiness of machine learning code for batch processing and real-time requirements
- Responsible for engaging MetLife Cornerstone team for the build and deployment process and testing to ensure the correctness of the build/deploy artifacts
- Responsible for ensuring that the internal testing and results are reviewed that establishes the SLA requirements for the deployments
- Responsible for the updates to the performance and coding best practices to improve the operational quality of the code
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Ten plus years of software development experience involving object-oriented programming languages such as Java/C#/Python
- At least three years of experience managing a team of developers that demonstrates the use of software development lifecycle processes, implementing best practices for coding, code reviews and process management with tools such as JIRA. Highly motivated and creative problem solver; able to self-initiate and thrive in a results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Python software development, frameworks or full-fledged REST API applications, specifically using Web frameworks such as Flask, Django, CherryPy etc. Experience in Big Data platforms and specifically use of Spark, PySpark
- Deployment experience that demonstrates clearly activities involving use of source code repository, build and deployment tools, preferably open source stack, and processes around code reviews, testing, and release management
- Deployment experience with containerized applications, specifically REST services using Python using Docker and/or Kubernetis
- Experience in Machine learning and analytics applications and packaged applications such as SAS
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence applications such as Qlik, Power BI, Tableau
- Experience with Big Data processing with HDFS, HIVE and NoSQL Databases
- Experience in Service Integration and use of API Management tools such as IBM API Connect or others
- Experience in Cloud based application development and deployment, especially in Azure
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers. #LI-WRAPJOB
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110816