Digital Asset Management - Librarian/Administrator - Contract
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Digital Asset Management Librarian/Administrator
This is a 1 year or longer contract or contract to hire opportunity. I am looking for a digital asset management librarian/admin to manage delivery uploading assets into DAM. DAM is used for internal business and manufacturers to share information. BS degree in library science 2 years cataloging or metadata creation any manufacturing a big plus.
This position will oversee all aspects of managing our global digital asset management system. This includes initial set up of the DAM as well as establishing a taxonomy/meta data architecture and a content life cycle. Consolidating and migrating imagery, documents and videos to the new system and performing subsequent maintenance on the collection.
The DAM Librarian will manage the delivery of services related to the DAM system, and support DAM users in uploading assets to the DAM, searching and retrieving existing assets on the DAM, and delivering reports on DAM usage.
- Prior business ownership and administration experience of one or more enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems like Adobe Assets, Widen, Aprimo, Media Beacon, Bynder is required.
- Knowledge of file formats (InDesign, high res vs low res, video compression, web files, etc) as well as end to end content workflows. This includes both internal and external agency processes.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proven ability to manage multiple proprieties and projects in a highly matrixed deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates collaborative and professional work ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and respond to quickly changing priorities
Required Education And Experience
- 3 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree in Library Science or its equivalent.
- 2 years of cataloging or metadata creation experience and experience using a digital asset management system
- 2 years of experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- 2 years of experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud