Senior Technology Consultant Deskside support Services - Stockholm
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Kirtana Consulting
Kirtana Consulting is urgently looking for CTO level candidate for below job opening with one of its top client based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Job Location - Stockholm, Sweden
Duration - 1 year
Type - Contract
JOB DESCRIPTION - Sr. Technology Consultant Deskside support Services
We are looking for an experienced Technology Evangelist for Desktop Support services to support our client's ever changing business. The consultant is responsible for assisting in setting strategy, implementation, support and operationalizing best practices around our endpoints like desktop computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets, thin clients, printers, kiosks, telephones etc. As a member of the infrastructure management team, you will also have the chance to offer new thinking on how we refresh clients' endpoint technology. This role is crucial for the development of strategies to enable collaboration in the future, making client environment an easier place to work. This individual will leverage the latest recognized technologies and processes and will execute a multi-year roadmap to deliver these services. This role works closely with the client for Creative, Strategy, New Business, Social Media, and Analytics teams to develop innovative ideas for the Workplace services. An excellent technologist must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements of the field. Apart from their education and experience, they must have every quality of a leader and a strong strategic and business acumen.
- Experience in a large organization administering, operating, maintaining and securing large-scale enterprise desktop environments.
- Develop an understanding of the workplace technologies currently in use and the business use cases that they serve; identify white spaces in them and evaluate how they can be mitigated
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best-practices tied to Workplace Services/Deskside support in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of clients' standards and strategies.
- Work closely with architects and formulate strategies on how workplace technologies can improve client satisfaction and productivity
- Assess the latest market trends on email, audiovisual services, and telephony, and evaluate how they can be incorporated to improve collaboration
- Define and deliver strategies and solutions for Endpoint Workplace transformation, including the vision, roadmap and governance model
- Implement an overarching, rein in emerging technologies, optimize capital and operating costs and provide new and enhanced customer experiences for employees and clients (ie Microsoft Windows 10, Apple Macintosh Maverick, Citrix, F5 Remote Access, etc.)
- Provide the rapid integration of emerging technologies and innovation, allowing our client to access their data securely anywhere and anytime
- Assess the maturity and address the true business needs related to mobility, collaboration and self-care, while ensuring performance and cost efficiency
- Sponsor Voice of the Customer workshops and adopt continuous improvement best practices
- Leverage cloud or hybrid services appropriately to gain efficiencies and drive to building a sing pane of glass to manage the endpoint technology
- Deep experience in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments (Citrix, VMWare, Amazon Workspaces, etc.)
- Deep telephony experience (Cisco, analog/Ethernet/soft phones, etc.)
Self-driven, extremely energetic individual who has the vision of enhancing employee productivity by leveraging the latest in technology. Technical expertise in both wired and wireless networking, desktop
- Able to communicate complex technical information and implications in business-oriented language
- Experience in ITIL process framework
- Substantial experience in deploying and managing large scale collaboration solutions at a senior level, with a proven track record of managing technology development, implementation, change and service delivery
- Proven track record of exerting significant influence on business and technology partners for deploying large scale transformation programs for enhanced collaboration in a healthcare organization (would also consider a financial services firm)
- Comprehensive knowledge of social networking solutions and an understanding of nuances associated with deployment to create an innovative work culture
- A demonstrable degree of creativity and latitude, to work cross-functionally across different divisions
- Previous experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams across multiple locations and geographies for large and complex environments
- Knowledge of authentication and remote access technologies.
- Industry experience with multiple vendors, as well as having connectivity with various forums and experts
- Knowledge of developing, setting, and driving standards, while operationalizing various technologies.
- Able to communicate complex technical information and implications in business oriented language
- Act as a catalyst for change by identifying opportunities for business and/or IT performance improvement
- Demonstrate tech leadership for the respective technologies
- Evaluate the workplace technologies market, analyze the impact on employee production and regularly evolve roadmaps for these platforms
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology in Workplace Services to advise management and suggest actions
- Maintain enterprise architecture documentation on a regular basis as a baseline for future projects, supporting roadmap updates and plans as appropriate.
- Set policies and standards to be followed in accordance with the requirements of the enterprise architecture system.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations for investment to establish novel or improve existing enterprise architectures.
- Design and build solutions to enable the latest technologies including Internet of things, artificial intelligence, machine learning, sensor data processing and voice assistants.
- Lead market analysis and innovation by driving the team to generate new ideas and business streams to grow the business, improve safety and ensure service reliability.
- Act as consultant technical design authority for named portfolios/programs.
- To qualify you must have a B.S. degree in information systems, computer science or related field
- 15+ years of experience in the IT arena, with 10+ years of leadership experience
- Intimate knowledge of distributed systems technologies such as server, storage, desktop, enterprise monitoring tools architecture
- Good presentation and communication skills with a high degree of comfort with technical and business audiences.
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the Workplace Services/Deskside Support
- Effective speaker, collaborative worker and good writing skills
- Able to translate complex technical information and implications in business-oriented language
- Experience with architecture review board governance structure