Backend Senior Software Engineer - Dublin
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Synergize Consulting Ltd
Currently seeking a Backend Senior Software Engineer, to fulfil a contractual requirement for my client based on site at their offices in Liffey Park, Dublin; due to commence ASAP and continue until the end of June 2020, with view for possible further extension.
Please see key information as per the below:
Be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
- Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
- Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
- Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
- Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
- Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks
- Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
- Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to Mastercard staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Mastercard standards.
All About You
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of Matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- Good knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment, using VI editor and general command line proficiency
- Creating and debugging J2EE REST Web Services and Web Applications
- Database experience including Oracle and SQL Scripting
- Experience with Spring Framework (including Spring Boot) and Maven
- Experience writing unit tests with Junit and Mockito
- Experience working with JBoss and/or Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with containerised environments, such as Kubernetes/OpenShift/CloudFoundry
- Experience with integration frameworks such as Apache Camel/Spring Integration
- Experience with monitoring service performance
- Experience with Angular 2 or modern SPA frameworks such as React + Redux.
- Experience with HTML5, ES5+ES6 and/or Typescript, SASS and CSS3.
Synergize Consulting is an equal opportunities organisation.