Digital Asset Management Librarian/Administrator
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is looking for a Digital Asset Management Librarian/Administrator contractor. This contract will be for a year or longer or a contract to hire. The responsibilities include the initial set up of the DAM as well as establishing a taxonomy/meta data architecture and a content life cycle. This person will support DAM users in uploading assets to the DAM and will deliver reports on DAM usage. They are looking for someone who has experience with one or more of the following DAM systems, Adobe Assets, Widen, Aprimo, Media Beacon, and Bynder is required.
- Develop a unified metadata strategy and architecture, establish best practices for the creation and management of metadata that are rigorous and scalable, allowing users to quickly search and discover marketing assets
- Work with the organizational stakeholders to facilitate the ingestion of assets and help with the integration of new taxonomy & metadata requirements as new teams are on-boarded into the DAM.
- Create workflows for ingestion, storage, and delivery of assets to DAM system users, all the while looking for efficiencies in these processes.
- Responsible for the development, day-to-day operation, and maintenance of the DAM system.
- Oversee the migration of Legacy content.
- Identify assets set to expire and take appropriate action.
- Manage licensing and copyright requirements.
- Audit assets for accurate naming and metadata.
- Track assets through their stages of production, collect and reports digital asset usage data, evaluate effectiveness of library resources and services and provide regular reporting and/or presentations on all of the above
- Act as point of contact with the external vendor to maintain DAMS stability and accomplish necessary systems back-ups, customization, integration, hardware/software upgrades, troubleshooting, as well as long-term planning and program development
- Provide onboarding training and support key personnel in search and retrieval processes of the DAM system for their respective brands and/or accounts.
- Prior business ownership and administration experience of one or more enterprise Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems like Adobe Assets, Widen, Aprimo, Media Beacon, Bynder is required.
- Knowledge of file formats (InDesign, high res vs low res, video compression, web files, etc) as well as end to end content workflows. This includes both internal and external agency processes.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Required Education And Experience
- 3 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree in Library Science or its equivalent.
- 2 years of cataloging or metadata creation experience and experience using a digital asset management system
- 2 years of experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- 2 years of experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud