Network Security Expert
Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Security Expert. This role is revolved around Network security and evaluating, detecting, and investigating the network threats. For this role, an individual must have experience with working with the following technologies; Wireshark, SQUID, Linux Server, and Redhat. They also need to have experience with two or more of the following Firewalls; Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper. They will also need to have experience with the Scripting languages Python, Bash, or Perl.
- Oversee the research evaluation, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of complex technologies and processes designed to protect Company from current and/or emerging threats.
- Influence and provide authoritative advice to Architects for any activities that impact technologies and or processes associated with current or new security controls.
- Define strategies to conduct risk analysis and/or risk assessment both inside and outside the company (including physical threats, Internet attacks, malicious code attacks, national security issues and compliance with regulations) and provide recommendations and/or mitigation strategies to management.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of communications for all levels of leadership on current and/or emerging threats, along with action plans to drive remediation.
- Oversees support and planning for technologies implemented to detect, avert, investigate, and/or eliminate threats to the security of the Company environment.
- Directs the review and resolution of security incidents that impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of Company systems.
- Oversee the evaluations, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of technologies and processes designed to ensure compliance of the Company environment with Federal, State, and/or Company policies/regulations.
- Directs efforts to analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Review, recommend, and approve major and significant changes for supported technologies and processes.
- Direct forensic activities, including HR driven investigations, Corporate Security directed activities, legal driven ediscovery, and digital review/evidence collection for compromised systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of related experience,
- Knowledge of Wireshark, SQUID, Linux Server, Redhat
- Experience with two or more of these: Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper
- Experience Scripting: Python, Bash, Perl
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- GIAC Python Coder (GPYC) for SOC Engineers
- CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISMd
- Redhat - (RHCSA) RHCSA