Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Scientific Associate I (Genotyping and Cryopreservation) vacancy for our Basel based client in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Education (minimum): Biological technical assistant/Bachelors degree in life sciences
- Languages: Minimum requirements: fluent in German and/or English
- Experience: Two or more years of experience in molecular biology and in vivo work, preferably in the areas of genotyping and mouse model preservation.
- Experience in designing and setting up specific PCR protocols that allow unambiguous determination of mouse genotypes.
- Experience in qPCR methods (SYBR, Taqman, ddPCR) and NGS library preparation is a plus
- Experience embryo/sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work). Working knowledge of mouse model types, transgene structures and strategies (eg inducible KO), Mendelian genetics
- Ordering of laboratory consumables using e-Shop or alternative tools.
- Planning and execution of experiments to determine the genotype of genetically modified mice according to established protocols.
- Performing embryo freezing, sperm freezing and in vitro fertilization (IVF) experiments (including in vivo work) according to established protocols.
- Conduct experiments to genetically characterize newly generated mouse lines according to established protocols.
- Contribute to the implementation and set-up/design of new experimental methods in genetic characterization.
- Ensuring accurate documentation and reporting of generated data.
- General organization and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Did this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurance, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Going the extra mile
New to Switzerland?
In case of successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more