Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Your new company
Your new company is a leading global financial institute with it's Dublin office right in the city centre. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the keenest minds in data science, big data, software engineering, web development, UX design and more.
Your new role
My client is looking for an engineer with extensive experience in distributed systems to join their team creating pipelines, leading containerisation, scalability and cloud integration for new and existing streaming applications. You will work closely with product owners and team members to deliver solutions through new and existing channels. They are a tight-knit core team (currently three developers in London) with significant responsibility looking to grow an engineering hub in Dublin.
You will be responsible for the reliable, scalable deployment of NodeJS clusters on physical machines and on containers. You will integrate with other systems for provisioning, monitoring, and alerting. Working closely with the support teams and development teams, you will help deliver this project with a high level of automation and reliability. They want to minimise manual processes and strong software engineering proficiency in this role is key.
- Maintaining a series of NodeJS clusters on both physical boxes and containers, ensuring that we monitor and meet all SLAs around performance, resiliency and scalability
- Automating deployment processes and routine support tasks
- Providing alerting, technical documentation and operational support to allow us to identify and resolve incidents with the health of the cluster as quickly as possible
- Developing load and performance test plans and scripts in co-ordination with development teams
- Building a close relationship with clients and stakeholders to understand the use case for the platform, and prioritise work accordingly
- Working well in a multidisciplinary DevOps-focused team, building a close relationship with developers, and L1 Support teams
What you'll need to succeed
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have experience supporting and working with messaging or streaming technologies in production, which would ideally be Apache Kafka
- You have experience creating, deploying and supporting Docker images
- You have experience deploying and managing fault-tolerant, distributed systems on Linux/Unix, and have strong Bash/Shell experience
- You have experience setting up and deriving insights from monitoring tools
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- You have proven capability to interact with clients and deliver results, taking ideas to production
What you'll get in return
You will gain the opportunity to work with a talented team using the latest technologies and tools; gain a competitive day rate; and work with a leading financial institute.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Caitriona Lemass now.