Linux Engineer - Brussels or Newcastle (permanent)
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by McGregor Boyall
A leading IP Networking company is looking for a Linux Engineer on a permanent basis. The role can be based in either Brussels, Belgium or Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.
You will be working on the design of the next generation Back End for the connected trains across Internet protocol (IP) connectivity.
Day to day, you will be involved with -
- Development of the next generation Back End for connected trains
- Design and implement a scalable, resilient Back End architecture
- Work in close coordination with the sysadmin team
- Closely interact with the internal customers on workflow processes
- Work in an Agile environment
If you have the following skills/experience and are interested in this position please apply -
- Strong Linux background - with exposure to Debian or Ubuntu
- IP Networking skills
- Ability to be based in either Newcastle, UK or Brussels, Belgium five days per week
- Fluent English - spoken and written (if based in Belgium, French is advantageous, not essential)
- Knowledge of virtualisation
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix
- Experience with configuration management tools such as puppet
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.