Lead Early Childhood/Preschool Teacher (2+ Years Experience, PDIS & CO
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Aspen Mountain Tots
Aspen Mountain Tots is looking for a Lead Preschool Teacher to join us in teaching valuable skills through play, situated in a safe and natural environment. Our focus is on cognitive development, language, and literacy with a strong emphasis on social emotional learning.
The Lead Preschool Teacher will be responsible for educating and caring for 1 to 6 year-old children in our mixed ages program. We ask our teachers to incorporate all aspects of the children's lives (family, school, and community) in order to enrich their skills and ensure they develop respect for themselves, others, and their environment.
Lead Preschool Teacher responsibilities
- Support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Plan age developmentally-appropriate practices by using a variety of activities to foster exploration, independence, and understanding
- Manage day-to-day classroom activities, including free play, bathroom breaks, lunch time and rest time for students
- Be responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor and learning environment of the classroom, giving primary consideration to the safety and health of the students when preparing
- Develop and maintain a constructive and ongoing rapport with children and parents
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure that the school fosters an environment that is profitable for everyone
- Promote the center's philosophy and educational objectives; support the center's code of ethical conduct
Lead Preschool Teacher qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required
- PDIS and CO State Certified
- 2+ years' experience working with children under the age of 6 in a classroom setting
- Warm, supportive attitude towards children
- Ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity
- Knowledge of Pyramid, CLASS, and COShines programs is desired, but not required
If you are up to date on your PDIS and CO State Certifications with 2+ years of previous experience in an early learning environment, please consider joining our team - apply today!