Service Fuels Technician
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: E&S Brize Norton, OX18 3QQ
Salary: £25,000.00 (Negotiable depending on experience) + Overtime at higher rates
Hours of Work: Full time, being flexible between the hours 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and overtime for weekend is available.
There will be the need to stay away from home overnight and travel to different sites as required
About the Company:
Our client, The Adler and Allan Group, is a provider of specialist environmental and asset management services to a range of businesses that handle, store and utilize hazardous liquids, principally oil-based fuels. The Group's targeted services have been developed to help its customers meet ever increasing regulatory and compliance-related obligations in particular by maintaining the integrity of their assets. A&A's services are performed by its highly skilled and accredited workforce on a planned and reactive basis from service centres around the UK.
We are seeking to recruit a full time Service Fuels Technician to join our E&S team based in Brize Norton, reporting to the Operations Manager. The post holder will be required to operate as part of a team, working alongside other Technicians, fulfilling works for major oil companies & independent customers. The post holder will be required to identifying root causes of problems and provide customers with long term solution. The duties of this post include a high degree of manual work.
Service Fuels Technician Responsibilities:
* Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver service to all customers of the Company. This will include for example, tank and line testing, drainage, VR testing and tank dewatering. This is not an exhaustive list. Onsite training will be provided.
* Respond and react to call outs for critical issues.
* To satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader.
* Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
* Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Service Fuels Technician Requirements:
* Must possess a clean UK driving licence, categories to operate Company vehicles up to 3.5tonne (clean licence preferred, however will consider candidates with up to 6 points).
* Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation. (advantageous)
* Experience working in a similar environment, and manual labour.
* Willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
If you meet the Service Fuels Technician requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!