Senior Energy Consultant
This role can be based from either our Bristol or Manchester office
This role within the Energy and Engineering Consulting team, will be key in shaping the future development and growth of the consultancy service area. The role requires an energetic and fastidious individual with a passion to shape the European energy market and raise the profile of the Anthesis Group in this area. An essential requirement will be to contribute to the delivery of projects and make effective contribution to the development of effective processes and practices across the team.
- Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates. Delivering projects on time and on budget to high customer satisfaction.
- Energy auditing and EED compliance to relevant UK and EU standards
- Energy management both remotely and on-site, including Monitoring and Targeting and reporting.
- Energy analytics and market commentary to support in client's site and group energy strategy
- Macro data analysis, energy modelling and techno-economic analysis, including where relevant environmental and socio-economic assessments of energy systems
- Acting as Client's Project Manager to ensure best value is obtained from contractors and suppliers. Advising clients on options, risks and mitigation. Operating embedded within the client's office where required.
- Supporting our wider consultancy practice as to deliver high quality technical analysis and reports including energy audits, stock assessments, scoping studies, options appraisals and identifying and prioritising cost effective energy efficiency solutions (supply and demand).
- Manage multiple client relationships, liaise with clients to determine their requirements, assist clients with on-going enquires.
- You will have the ability to provide the bridge from the client, to engineers to project managers.
- Achieving project profitability. Tracking costs, managing and forecasting spend, ensuring that work is kept to budget. Manage resources. Manage invoicing.
- Providing technical sales support to Sales colleagues ensuring proposals are correctly scoped and priced.
- Support the development of new propositions, identifying market needs and subsequent opportunities. Spotting innovations and making the business case for pursuing them.
Relevant experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar client-facing role in the energy and wider building services/energy efficiency industry.
- Although you may not be an engineer, you will understand the main energy policies and technologies, such as compliance regimes (ESOS, MEES, CRC, GRESB etc.) meters & sub-meters, data management and Building (Energy) Management System, HVAC systems, distributed generation, cooling.
- Knowledge of building services within commercial and public sector operations
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of energy markets, legislation and regulation
- Ability to calculate carbon savings, fuel cost savings and whole life costings of measures.
- Client and stakeholder management (internal and external), interpersonal and communication skills, managing clients expectations, promoting excellent working relationships.
- Project management skills to deliver technical, multi-stakeholder projects on time and on budget.
- Advance Excel skills. spreadsheet manipulation, complex calculations and production of graphics.
- An interest and commitment to sustainability
Qualifications/education level required:
- Degree in STEM subject or equivalent.
- Achieved or proactively working towards Chartered Status
Desirable experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications:
- Experience in dealing with commercial businesses (retailers, manufacturers, etc)
- Experience in dealing with Local Authorities.
- Experience in dealing with managing third party contractors.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant.
- As the role includes travel, visiting clients across the UK and on occasions overseas, and keeping in contact with internationally based clients there is a requirement to be flexible around hours of working.
- Full UK driving licence
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter as attachments by email, citing Senior Energy Consultant in the subject of the email, to