Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000, DOE + Equity
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Vuzo is a fast-growing data science agency with offices in Bristol and London. We are home to world-leading data science talent and patent-pending AI technology. We are rapidly adding household name retail brands into our client base. If you're looking to apply your data science skills to a diverse range of clients, this is a rare ground-floor opportunity at a profitable, debt-free start-up.
Data Scientist - The Role
Reporting to the Technical Director, you'll be responsible for turning data into decisions that have a large impact on our clients' businesses.
You'll be drawing insight and meaning from large transactional datasets, helping household name retailers, insurance companies, and eCommerce businesses. You'll also use our IP to enrich these datasets with third party data and our own proprietary datasets.
Working closely with the Technical Director and Account Director, and in collaboration with our senior data scientists, you'll initially be responsible for projects such as:
* importing & cleansing data
* exploratory data analysis
* summarising and modelling client data
* developing user-friendly reports for clients
You will be mindful of vital factors such as data security, business continuity and data protection.
Ethically, you'll remember that asking “should we” is just as important as “can we”.
Data Scientist - Skills & Experience
* You'll be highly numerate and analytical with a broad understanding of data science techniques and technologies.
* R is our language of choice for most projects so we would expect it to be yours too; some SQL and Python is desirable.
* You'll have an understanding of good development practices, including version control.
* You'll hold a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience.
* You'll have experience of the core techniques in the data-science “toolbox” (e.g. supervised/unsupervised learning, PCA, time series analysis, statistical testing) and the knowledge of where these techniques would be appropriately deployed.
* Experience of data preparation and cleaning, and initial scoping of unfiltered/non machine-readable datasets is needed.
* Familiarity with Linux, or the aptitude to learn, will be beneficial.
* Curiosity and willingness to learn are important. We want you to grow as the business grows
* Determination, grit and stamina: building a start-up is exciting, challenging and rewarding
* Precision in working practices and ability to glean insights from data without a pre-given hypothesis
Package and Benefits:
* Stock options
* Flexible working day
* 3% Company Pension Scheme Contribution
* Lifestyle perks e.g. gym membership, car hire and gig ticket discounts
* Bike to work scheme
* 28 days of holiday increasing with tenure
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and join our friendly, professional team who are dedicated to delivering our vision for global growth, then please click on APPLY to be considered.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
No agencies Please