Java Web Developer/Analyst
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Request Technology
- Develop system specifications from which programs will be written based on business requirements. Ensures that programming or software requirements fulfil the objectives. May coordinate these efforts, on occasion, through the use of outside or internal resources.
- Track the progress of systems in development by using project management skills and tools.
- Insure quality systems by adhering to any standards and procedures established by the IS department
- Adequately test all functionality of new and changed systems by unit testing of programs and system testing.
- Implement system development efforts with coordinating user departments and IS resources.
- Communicate to management direction/status/problems with work assignments through weekly timesheets and monthly status reports.
- Work closely with business function areas to understand their business systems requirements and recommend solutions.
- Provide system support and programming support in responsible area.
- Supports Company TQM program by following approved policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Preparing status reports on time and with enough detail to be useful to management
- Updating the CMS (Change Management System) with hours and dates accurately and timely so that the information is useful
- Prepares transports to move through the landscape with accuracy and timeliness
- Follow established methodologies during program development and ensures programs adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department.
- Knows the business processes that they support is Technically sound in programming languages, techniques and platforms
- Capable of organizing more complex CMS requests or smaller projects
- BA/BS Math/Computer Science or 10 years programming experience in web development environment with a Java and HTML programming background.
- 3-5 years experience in business programming or business systems analysis in web development with a Java and HTML programming background
- 5-10 years business systems analysis and design in web development with a Java and HTML programming background.
Skills & Abilities:
- PC skills with Microsoft tools.