Senior Digital Biomarker Mobile Solutions Architect
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Coopers Group GmbH
For our Pharma client in Basel we are currently looking for a:
Senior Digital Biomarker Mobile Solutions Architect (Scientific & Manufacturing)
Our clients Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. They help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realization of truly Personalized Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for their patients.
Digital tools, such as smartphones or wearables, can now continually measure and collect vital health information - or "Digital Biomarkers" - from patients. Digital Biomarkers are changing how future medicines will be developed and could lead to more personalized use of new medications that will transform the lives of patients. Advances in wearable devices, such as phones, watches, textiles or delivery devices, which track a patient's vital signs and monitor for symptoms, all have the potential to vastly accelerate clinical development.
Within Digital Biomarkers, they're seeking future-thinking innovators - digital technology and science specialists who can apply their expertise to transform some of the most challenging health conditions today.
Currently, our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with a "can-do" attitude, who possesses a very good university degree (MSc level or above) in a scientific or technological discipline and has very strong collaborative interpersonal and communication skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Working with Digital Biomarker Software Product Managers to translate concepts for mobile solutions into product and software designs
- Contributing to the design of the scalable, modular architecture for the Digital Biomarker mobile solution platform (enabling data collection from mobile apps and wearables), which forms the technical backbone of study and disease area specific remote patient monitoring solutions - collecting terabytes of sensor data from dozens of studies and 10'000s of patients in a global setup
- Taking part in the definition and maintenance of the mobile solution development
roadmap enabling the platform to serve
a) multiple parallel, global clinical development studies and
b) real world deployments (outside clinical trials)
- Working with other Solution Architects, Mobile Solution Technical Project Managers and software development teams to:
a) develop the modular architecture
b) leverage the modular architecture to develop remote patient monitoring mobile
solutions for specific studies/disease areas/use-cases and
c) develop the mobile apps requested by study teams.
- Continuously prepare design documentation for mobile solution designs
- 8+ years hands-on mobile software development expertise.
- 5+ years leading software development teams + coaching software developers.
- Expertise in iOS and Android ecosystems, on top of the latest technologies and trends.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Experience working in large, high-performance teams plus proven track record of managing large teams in very complex, agile and competitive environments.
- Expertise in agile software development methodology (SCRUM preferred).
- Expertise in modular mobile software development for ease of code reuse.
- Worked successfully as mobile solution software architect for multiple global mobile
apps processing Real Time information.
- Academic background.
- Solid experience in developing cross platform applications.
Start date: 09.09.2019
Duration: 31.03.2020 with possible extension
Location: Basel area