Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Maersk Line
Maersk is strengthening its software development organisation, focusing on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and increasing agility in our technology. We are looking for an Architect with strong application and solution architecture skills, experience working in Agile projects and leadership to help shape development within Maersk Technology.
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on platforms that handles millions of bookings and transactions? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications, including build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems using the latest technical stack.
You will work alongside other architects and engineers, learning from them as well as from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world. We pride ourselves on our brands and identity that builds on our heritage. This role is an opportunity to be part of Maersk's digital evolution.
The role will involve:
- Ensure technical realisation of IT solutions for Customer Interaction products; designed and implemented in accordance with organisational guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Working closely with product teams and enterprise architects to ensure overall integrity and scalability of solutions.
- Application configuration and implementation, as well as bespoke system/component design as part of a custom build using approved technologies within the Maersk enterprise.
- Travelling as needed to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based abroad (eg Denmark).
- Translation of business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model that outlines the most appropriate solutions to achieve critical business objectives.
- Developing enterprise-level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
- Working and designing with a DevOps mindset to further continuous enablement.
- Engaging enterprise architecture, product and infrastructure teams to produce optimal, high level, conceptual design and roadmaps.
- Be a part of agile product teams and help deliver business, product and sprint goals.
- Providing timely design decisioning and recommendation based on IT and Business strategy; consideration of wide range perspective with focus on architecture decisions, business objectives and IT NFRs.
- Acting as focal point and subject matter expert for capability, application and integration within area of responsibility.
- Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
Required skills & experience:
- Application and architecture design; ArchiMate and UML modelling
- API and event centric and abstract service design; cloud technology, microservice design, cloud native apps; design for DevOps and automation
- Security design, OWASP, NIST
- Enterprise application integration
- Performance engineering
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Business acumen including knowledge of current sector, competition and business strategies and tactics.
- Strong understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
- Web, mobile, API and EDI technology; customer focus
- IT life cycle and governance, agile methods, requirements management, quality management
Nice to have
- System design incorporating Sitecore, Outsystems, Salesforce, Akamai, Akana, Apigee, Forgerock, Azure AD, Seeburger
- BIZZ Design Enterprise Studio
- Togaf certification
- Java (8 and above); RESTful microservices with Spring boot; Oracle, Cassandra DB
Maersk is an equal opportunities employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£475 - £475 Daily
£72k - £72k Annual
£450 - £550 Daily
£60k - £80k Annual
£550 - £550 Daily