Network Engineer- 6 month contract- Dublin West
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
6 month initial contract
My client is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to grow their Global IT Network team.
You will primarily be responsible for the performance, administration and coordination of network operations; project delivery & troubleshooting network problems to deliver best in class customer service. In addition this role may involve travel to company locations world wide in order to deploy network services to newly acquired companies.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational, communication and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solve, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
- Design, build,configure, document and test Wan/Lan and Wlan infrastructure as per company standards
- Deploy and commission infrastructure at remote branch sites - globally
- Interface with vendors and internal stake holders in coordinating delivery of Wan circuits and other services for remote locations
- Work with project management and acquisitions team to develop execution plans and timelines.
- Provide operational support to deployed infrastructure.
- Install, configure and support LAN, WAN, Wireless and Telephony communications systems in a large enterprise and factory environment for a global corporation.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex and advanced networking/telephony problems and coordinate with vendors around WAN & LAN fault resolution.
- Apply expertise in the use of IT-related technology, processes, and best practices in support of IT solutions.
Skills (Job Requirements)
- 10+ years' experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure
- Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred, CCNP acceptable or equivalent
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems (NxOS/iOS)
- Expert level knowledge & expert level troubleshooting experience in networking technologies:
- Dynamic IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP BGP, VRFs)
- QOS, STP, HSRP, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, Multicast
- All routing, switching & Firewall gear in the Cisco Enterprise portfolio including Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, ASR and ISR platforms
- Load balancing & iRules in F5 LTM