Senior IT Advisor: O365/Teams: HR Development & Learning: Global Energ
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
Senior IT Advisor: O365/Teams: HR Development & Learning: Global Energy
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Advisor to define technology enabled Team Effectiveness in the organisation and how IT technology (Office 365 & MS teams etc.) can help in partnership with HR Organisational Development & Learning. Shape and define value case, success measure, deployment plan, business readiness etc.
About The Role:
The IT Advisory role provides support to the IT Manager (ITM) in delivering bottom line value to the business through implementation of innovative, new IT solutions and harvesting existing IT assets to enable the achievement of the business strategy, value drivers and KPIs.
The key focus areas of the role are:
* Driving a One Team mindset
* Work closely with business stakeholders
* Understand and influence how IT and the business can align strategic success goals, challenging the business to deliver value for IT dollars invested
* Understand the Business and Industry landscape, including strategic priorities, challenges and how this relates to the wider enterprise strategy and competitive landscape
* Integrated Business and IT strategy, utilizing the existing landscape and identify opportunities to grow and transform the business through the deployment of processes, data and technology solutions
* Improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, data, products and services
* Support with managing demand, capturing detailed business requirements for review and agreed business outcomes.
* Support with the IT Strategic Plan for their business area, ensuring decisions take into account the full life cycle of the portfolio optimizing investments, operational costs, health and risks to drive business value.
* Support to develop robust business cases in partnership with business stakeholders and other IT areas, capturing IT expenditures, business changes and business benefits incorporating IT performance metrics, measurements and benefits.
* Team effectiveness and performance in an organisation
* Good understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and related services such MS Teams, One drive
* User experience and centricity
* Good knowledge of team effectiveness
* The interest and ability to understand the business strategy, value drivers, processes and challenges and to use this to identify opportunities for IT to drive greater business value
* A good understanding of technology deployments in the market and their relevance to driving business value for their business area
* Strong business analysis skills and the ability to shape opportunities into project proposals and business case
* Good communication and influencing skills and a collaborative approach for use in engaging with both business and IT stakeholders
* Previous experience identifying and maturing business IT opportunities
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.