Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Aug 21, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One are working with a well-established Hedge Fund & Asset Manager, a Multi-National Market Leader across asset classes operating a large and diverse technology platform.
My client requires an expert SRE to join a highly capable team that focus on the creation and sustainability of firm-wide production systems developed to adapt and evolve in Real Time; whilst working very closely with the business and wider development groups.
The successful candidate will be joining this group of highly intellectual strategists and will be primarily responsible for producing immediate, real solutions across large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. Ideally you will be a passionate technologist with a keen interest in learning, adaptable to changing requirements and technology with a flair for inventing new approaches and ideas to solve hard problems.
If you are looking for a high impact position allowing you to fully leverage your strong engineering, programming and communication skills, then this role is the ideal opportunity for you.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Fully proficient in either Python or C++
- Comfortable with a range of current software development tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc.)
- A basic working understanding of TCP/IP Networking, LAN and WAN as well as Linux networking
- SQL and database experience a strong plus.
- Some experience with building and managing highly reliable large-scale systems a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or an allied field.