Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Pay rate: Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
The company: Design and build print machinery.
We have an opportunity in our Machine Shop for an Experienced CNC Operator.
Working in a small team on internal work and sub-contract for third parties.
Involvement with customers as required must be driven and forward-thinking.
Must have experience in a similar position and be very hands-on in all aspects of this challenging role.
Must have experience of CNC Turning / Setting / Operating / Programming and Manual machines.
Working on Fanuc and Siemens 820/828D, Protrack controlled machines.
* Experience in the use and operation of CNC turning / milling machines, dual running as required
* Ability to programme, set and run one-offs/small batches and prototype components.
* Prioritise machines to achieve scheduled due to date
* Ability to self-inspect and take overall responsibility for output quality and standards.
* Be able to specify and select correct tooling for the job.
* Job costings and support discussions with customers as required.
* Have experience of material selection and cutting speeds/feeds.
* Overall attention to detail and running of the shop including machine upkeep/service schedules.
* Jig/fixture manufacture as required.
* Experience on the EDM wire machine an advantage
* Experience of milling would be an advantage
* Input into sub-contract operations (e.g. plating, gear cutting, grinding) as required.
* Be a fully skilled time-served engineer with experience in areas like plating allowances etc..
You will also have a flexible, friendly and positive approach and the ability to work on your own initiative. Driven and methodical, you must also have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Be available for additional hours/overtime as loadings demand.
Full-time position – 39.5 hours per week (plus overtime)
22 days holiday per annum plus statutory days
Salary dependant on experience