Lead Network Engineer
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by ITech Consult
Lead Network Engineer
Our client is one of the country's largest software development organisations. They employ a wide range of technologies providing consultancy and leading-edge software solutions for a wide variety of US, EU and UK based clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail and public sector markets.
They are currently seeking a Lead Network Engineer to manage and prioritise the activities of the ITS team at their offices in Cork. This role is a busy and critical reporting to the Director of Technology. Normal office opening hours are 8am-6pm: individual work patterns will be agreed with the Director of Technology.
KRA 1 -Co-ordinate and manage Internal end-user support:
* Prioritise and manage end-user support requests via the ITS helpdesk.
* Provide one-on-one assistance for end-users.
* Perform recurring support activities related to end-user workstations and software for both local and remote users.
KRA 2 - Co-ordinate and manage Infrastructure support:
* Maintain and troubleshoot both local area and wide area network links, including Firewall, remote access and VPN software and hardware.
* Govern and implement IT asset management, including but not limited to Servers, desktops, printers, Routers, Switches, phones and Firewalls.
* Perform break-fix of both server and desktop hardware and software.
* Perform software inventory, distribution, installation and licence management.
* Provide technical and high-level application support of in house and cloud-based systems.
KRA 3 - Co-ordinate and manage Business support:
* Contribute to company business continuity planning and testing.
* Responsible for the governance and execution of DR tasks: both practice and execution.
* Perform facilities related tasks as appropriate.
* Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
* Contribute to the maintenance of the companies ISO 27001 certification.
* Previous experience leading and motivating a team
* Experience in a lead or senior role in a medium to large organisation with mature processes and procedures.
* Experience or good knowledge of ISMS frameworks such as ISO 27001.
* Ability to mentor both junior and experienced team members.
* Ability to effectively manage own workload and to prioritise and delegate team tasks.
* Ability to devise, refine and practise DR plans.
* Confident to explore and advise on opportunities to increase organisational efficiency.
* Solid exposure to Microsoft server and Workstation platforms
* Linux/Mac administration experience.
* Experience of Cisco LAN/WAN technologies.
* Experience of supporting users in remote sites.
* The candidate must be able to deal effectively with senior staff at both internal and external customers, supporting their needs as it pertains to our client's projects. Customer interaction may be on-site or remote.
* Flexibility to undertake new responsibilities when required.
* Willingness and desire to work as part of a multi-faceted team.
Nice to Have(s):
* Microsoft certification is desirable but not essential.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918484FK
Role: Lead Network Engineer
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.