Senior Python Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Intrinsic Link IT Limited
Senior Python Software Engineer required by my client a market-leading Fin Tech/Reg company based at their London headquarters.
This role will include working alongside the Scrum Master, Product Owners, developers, QA and DevOps teams to implement new product features and maintain or improve my client's products.
- Architect, design and develop core Python based platforms and services using established processes and procedures.
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune/optimize existing applications
- Supervise more junior members of the Development team
- Solution design oversight/decision making
- Mentoring/leadership as and when required
- Quality control/quality assessment
- Performance Management (in conjunction with Head of Solutions)
- Drive change in how we deliver software in conjunction with others in the team
- Research/undertake POCs using emerging/relevant technologies
- Present research to the Solutions team/wider Team
Required skills & experience
- Commercial experience working in a fast paced, Agile (Scrum or similar) software development environment
- Strong commercial experience of Python - four or more years of solid commercial Python experience
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API's
- Database and SQL knowledge, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PostGIS,
- Solid commercial Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora)
- Jenkins, CI integration (knowledge of Gitlab, AWS code pipeline useful)
- SQS, RabbitMQ, Redis experience
- Experience in migrating/updating Legacy systems (eg Python 2.x to 3)
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- JIRA, other Atlassian products
- Knowledge of Geo-Spatial technology or GeoServer would be beneficial.
- AWS, AWS RDS
- Docker, Containerisation
Please get in touch in the first instance with your CV stating rate expectation for further information on this position.