Field Service Supervisor
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
This position has direct responsibility for managing the field service technicians, direct field service supervisors, and warrantee service function by providing customer support to builders, remodeling contractors, sales reps and homeowners with respect to replacement parts ordering for end users; and answering customer questions regarding any manufacturing issues with the product, product design specifications, and warranties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee in-house field service technicians and all subcontractors for the East, South and West territories.
- Works directly with in-house field service supervisors, QMS Supervisors, field service technicians for the East, South and West locations for the company concerning any quality issues verified in the field.
- Provide activity data and guidance to engineering and manufacturing to promote product design and process improvements to limit future warrantee claims.
- Serves as liaison between internal and external customers (including field service, sales, Quality Manager, plant management & engineering) as needed to resolve any issues related to orders.
- Witnesses Water and Air test in the field with distributors, architects, builders and installers.
- Trouble shoot potential legal issues in the field.
- Must be able to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA in Engineering, Business Management or related field.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience within a service organization or call center.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Ability to manage all aspects of sales process/activities.
- Advanced presentation and marketing skills.
- Able to manage and set priorities for multiple tasks.
- High level of customer focus both internally and external.
- Ability to interface with individuals with diverse backgrounds at varying levels of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Installation Masters Replacement Accredited Instructor.