Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Source Technology
Database Developer is sought by leading commodities company to join a newly formed Software Development Team in Madrid. This is a great opportunity for a Database Developer keen to gain exposure to the Financial Services domain and take ownership across several exciting projects and initiatives in market data. Data is a cornerstone to my clients' success. Consequentially they seek a Database Developer who will take ownership in the complex optimization of their database estate but also optimize queries.
Ideally a Database Developer with experiences developing and optimizing large database systems around the 10tb mark would be a good fit. Initially focuses will be towards T-SQL development, improving the performance of slow-moving queries and enhancing SQL Server as an engine as well as problem solving bottle necks and performance. As Database Developer there is terrific scope to extend your skill set in projects focused to Big Data technologies and relational and non-relational database systems such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
As Database Developer is a highly visible role this opportunity holds excellent potential for personal development and further career progression. Encouragingly my client is keen to embolden and empower Database Developer to make decisions and deliver high quality work and an extraordinary experience to their internal and external customers, my client encourage and sponsor training courses in further learning as well as actively organize Developer days and hack-a-thons/data-thons.
My client can consider DBA's with accomplished T-SQL backgrounds and is keen to enhance their skill set in Database Development to do more in Data Warehousing. Consequentially, a Database Developer who is passionate in delivering high quality results, keen to work in a highly collaborative environment and who are highly motivated and open minded to problem solving and technology are sought. There are excellent working benefits as well as working in an inclusive and modern environment with a tremendous working culture.
Database Developer permanent profile required:
- Accomplished grounding in Transact -SQL (T-SQL), performance tuning, writing stored procedures, interrogating slow moving queries and Microsoft SQL Server as an engine.
- Must have tangible experiences developing large enterprise level database systems between 5-10tb in capacity.
- Well-practised in Microsoft SQL Server ideally from versions 2014 up to 2016/2017.
- Abilities in Datamodelling and database design is essential.
- Exposure to .NET and C# is advantageous.
- Abilities in Visual Studio for deploying or designing database solutions would be useful.
- Background in Financial Services is advantageous.
- Must have good written and spoken skills in English and Spanish
- Ideally have a degree in Computer Science or a similar subject.
- My client can only consider candidates with current EU passports or are EU citizens willing to relocate.
- Candidates must be happy to work onsite five days a week.
Database Developer permanent contract details include.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: €35,000-€45,000 PA plus OT bonus of 15% and additional benefits.
Location: Madrid, Spain
Interview times: ASAP