Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by The Middlefield Banking Company
The Middlefield Banking Company is a full service FDIC-insured commercial bank and LPL Financial® brokerage headquartered in Middlefield, Ohio. We have 15 branches serving Beachwood, Chardon, Cortland, Dublin, Garrettsville, Mantua, Middlefield, Newbury, Orwell, Powell, Solon, Sunbury, Twinsburg and Westerville, Ohio. The Bank also operates a Loan Production Office in Mentor, Ohio.
Dating back to 1901, The Middlefield Banking Company has been a leader in delivering quality personal financial service to its communities. We are continually recognized as one of the most profitable community banks in the U.S. If you are you seeking an opportunity to learn more or have a desire to start or advance your career in the banking industry, the Middlefield Banking Company is looking for enthusiastic team members to join our team!
As a Float Teller, you will provide exceptional customer service to new, potential and existing customers. Being a float Teller, you will be responsible for receiving and processing all transactions for customer related business, but not limited to check cashing, deposits, loan payments, safe deposit rent payments, sales of negotiable instruments and processing wire transfers. Float Tellers are expected to support and promote all bank products and services while conversing with customers, by referrals generated through IQ Leads, and referrals to the Financial Consultant and/or Licensed Bankers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures including compliance with BSA to include, but not limited to, identification of suspicious transactions, potential money laundering, large cash transactions and annual training requirements
- Explain, promote and offer all bank's products and services
- Monitor performance of IQ Leads requirements, maintaining a minimum of a 90% touch rate
- Create referrals for all bank products and services through IQ Leads
- Receive checks and cash for transactions, verify amount and examine checks for proper endorsement
- Participate in ALL daily tasks, including but not limited to ATM balancing, Night Deposit, Mail and Vault balancing
- Order daily supply of cash as needed, and piece count all cash to and from the vault
- Place Reg CC holds on deposits for uncollected funds as applicable
- Identify, log and admit customers to safe deposit area
- Change bait money as required by bank policy
- Reconcile teller drawer daily
- Maintain a minimum score of a 3.0 or higher on the Teller Performance Standards
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable State and Federal banking regulations
- Must be available to travel to other locations as needed and to be available by phone or email for last minute schedule changes
High School diploma or GED and beyond preferred.
Minimum experience required to be successful in this job is 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the banking industry or in a position where cash handling is required
The Middlefield Banking Company considers applicants for all positions, without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.