Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Proforest
Proforest is seeking an enthusiastic Data Analyst to support the Data Manager with development and maintenance of Proforest's database and analytics systems.
Proforest is a not-for-profit, mission-driven organization that works with producers and other private sector partners, as well as governments, civil society organizations and NGOs, throughout agricultural and forest product supply chains. Proforest is now an established world leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and responsible sourcing with a global presence. Our head office is in the UK with regional offices in Malaysia, Ghana, Colombia and Brazil. We are working across agricultural and forest product supply chains, with particular focus on palm oil, soy, sugar cane, cattle and cocoa, helping companies, governments, non-governmental and civil society organisations to achieve sustainable use of the world's natural resources.
Proforest provides practical consultancy services to producers, processors and purchasers to help them work in environmentally and socially responsible ways. We also implement donor-funded programmes, which aim to create the enabling environment, and build the capacity required, to deliver agriculture and forest commodities sustainably at scale.
Proforest places great emphasis on managing data efficiently by using appropriate systems to ensure quality, consistency and effectiveness. The position offers an exciting opportunity to join Proforest's growing data management team and take a supportive role in the development of Proforest's databases and data analytics systems.
The main responsibilities include:
• Maintenance and back-end management of Proforest's palm and sugar databases (and any additional databases developed for other commodities)
• Contribute to the design and development of data processing and analysis methods, especially around traceability and supply chain information
• Carry out data formatting, populating and cleaning (e.g. mill matching and location verification)
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for database updates and queries and provide support with data analysis tasks
• Act as liaison between Data Management and IT Departments
Qualifications, experience and skills
Key requirements for this position include the following:
• Undergraduate degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Sciences, Data Engineering/Management, Data Analytics. Alternatively, relevant work experience in data management and analysis will be considered.
• Ability to develop data extraction and transformation solutions and algorithms, as well as selecting the right technologies and tools to do so
Desirable experience and attributes:
• Experience with front-end web development and/or web mapping
• Experience of GIS, such as ArcGIS or similar
• Experience with using business intelligence systems (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• An interest in learning about and understanding commodity supply chains and sustainability issues
• Location: Oxford, UK.
• Full time permanent position.
• Benefits: Proforest has a company pension scheme; details on request
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £30k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£250 - £300 Daily
£450 - £475 Daily