Java Developer - Spring - Microservices - CI/CD
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Java Developer - Spring - Microservices - CI/CD This is a longer term contract opportunity to join a global financial services company based in Zurich.
- Several years of experience in Software Engineering with proficiency in Java, ideally including Spring, JUnit and Object Oriented Development (OOD) knowledge
- Profound practice in Test driven development including writing unit tests and end-to-end Integration Tests coupled with expertise in event-driven architecture and micro-services, Apache Kafka knowledge for event sourcing architectures is a plus
- Background in working with CI/CD for integration and deployment, especially automated build, test and deploy, preferably including Docker or Kubernetes usage
- Familiarity with network and cloud infrastructure; experience with Infrastructure as Code as well as understanding of security, encryption and authentication is advantageous
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps and Portal as well as of SQL, NoSQL and relational Databases is beneficial
- Languages: fluent English both written and spoken
- Providing design, proof of concept, samples and maintenance for an application framework based on micro-services using Spring
- Engineering extremely performant design patterns and collaborating with the Kafka-workstream Lead Engineer
- Guaranteeing best implementation and design of application requirements by liaising with the product teams' engineers
- Designing and implementing best practices, guiding principles and sample code along with creating documentation using wiki and Jira
- Training other users of the framework and defining the unit and integration test standards for automated testing as well as ensuring compliance with CI/CD, automated testing and build pipelines
- Following the DevOps approach by continuously improving the deployed applications incorporating an operational perspective
Duration: 4 MM+
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 14654
Did this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurance, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Going the extra mile
New to Switzerland?
In case of successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more