Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Techmodal
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Developer to join our young, fast growing consultancy and technology company, based in the heart of Bristol.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 80+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality, we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you'll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
Overview of role
Techmodal are seeking enthusiastic graduates who are proactive in self-development to embark on a career as a developer within our team. The successful candidates will be given exposure to a variety of projects to draw out their strengths and help shape their career path. Support will also be given through a mentoring, regular reviews and training. The successful candidates will work with the rest of the Techmodal team to develop new opportunities and build client relationships.
Reporting to: Head of Solution Delivery
- SQL and PL/SQL development on 11g/12c Oracle databases using a variety of development tools.
- Development and support of custom applications delivered via Oracle Applications Express (APEX).
- Designing and developing UIs for web applications.
- Building solutions to manage and interrogate large data sets.
- Liaising with functional consultants to establish robust technical designs which address the client's needs.
- Testing of models, algorithms and applications to ensure validity and robustness.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to gain Security Clearance (which requires the last 5 years UK residency)
- Be highly numerate, with a good degree in a computational or numerate subject such as computer science, maths, physics etc.
- Have experience of manipulating datasets.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a willingness to learn quickly.
- Have experience of using Microsoft packages, particularly Excel but also PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- Programming skills.
- Knowledge of web development.
- Knowledge of MI and BI systems.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please see for more information
If you are interested, please click the apply now button!