Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a MAINTENANCE/GENERAL LABORER for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet its customers' specific needs.
Kalcor's primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Maintenance/General Laborer will work closely with the plant staff and external contractors to service and maintain the building and production equipment.
- Develop preventative maintenance (PM) schedule and perform preventative maintenance on all building and production equipment. Maintain PM logs.
- Contact outside vendors to repair or replace equipment and mechanical systems.
- Perform all aspects of maintenance not serviced by outside contractors.
- Assist manufacturing with filling and labeling of finished product.
- High School diploma/GED; related technical training a plus.
- 2-3 years building and equipment maintenance experience. Experience in a facility handling liquid products preferred. Prior production operation experience with a liquid product a plus. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot production and maintenance issues and effectively problem solve.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, schematics, etc.
- Basic math skills including U.S. and metric measures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and work with production staff and external contractors.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, basic building systems (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting).
- Current forklift operator's certificate or ability to attain within 6 months of employment.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurer.
- Candidates must be able to regularly lift/move up to 70 pounds, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for this position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer