MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/PLANT OPERATOR
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by Humanics, LLC
We are managing this recruitment for our client, UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp., an industry leader in pavement maintenance products manufactured nationwide. We are seeking a Maintenance Technician/Plant Operator for a manufacturing facility on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio. This position has a dual focus: maintenance technician for equipment and facilities, and plant operation. This is an opportunity to join a successful, well-established company and work with knowledgeable professionals in the paving materials industry.
The Maintenance Technician works closely with plant management and approved suppliers to service and maintain the facility, yard, and production equipment per the manufacturer's requirements and those established by UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp.
- Perform emergency repairs, scheduled maintenance, and preventive maintenance on:
- Facility equipment - such as minor furniture, electrical and lighting, plumbing and structural maintenance and repairs
- Yard and production equipment - such as minor forklift, air compressor, air filters, tote & drum filler, pug mill(s) and valves maintenance and repairs
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- May serve as a member of UNIQUE's Safety Committee and provide safety training
Plant Operation responsibilities require working closely with plant management to ensure that all products manufactured and dispensed are completed to UNIQUE's specifications.
- Produce and dispense liquid asphalt related products: emulsions, cutbacks, and additives
- Load and unload trucks containing either raw materials or finished goods
- Provide coverage for other positions as required
- High School diploma or GED; 2 years of technical training preferred
- 1+ years machine and/or facility maintenance experience
- 1-2 years production operation experience, preferably with a liquid product
- Will consider a combination of education, training and experience
- Understanding of basic mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic principles
- Ability to calculate mathematical equations and problem solve
- Ability to communicate with customers, vendors, service providers and employees in a courteous, professional manner
- Ability to operate tow motor and Front End loader
- Some overnight travel possible 0- 5%
- Familiar with OSHA Safety Standards
- Ability to lift 50-80 pounds
- Experience using a computer-based maintenance management software a plus
- Knowledge of PLCs, welding/fabrication are pluses
- Hold a valid driver's license and be insurable through company's provider. CDL-A or CDL-B licenses are a plus
UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health care, life, vision discounts, 401(k) plan, and employee directed dental and flexible spending accounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer